Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another film roll wasted (but not really) + a play

Last week I dropped off a roll of film that had been in my camera since the summer. I picked up the film yesterday and it was a nice surprise to finally see the photos I had almost forgotten I had taken.


a reflection




thank you, sunny 16

from a hike I took with my family -- a city we used to live in

mom, sister, dad



a little picnic with friends

I am still trying to figure out what this is. For now I will pretend it's a picture I took while in outer space.


 
I love these two -- they bring a nice feeling

I took digital versions of these but they don't even come close to looking as wonderful as their film counterparts. 


morning sunlight, I guess

These give off a bit of a Virgin Suicides vibe -- I'm a messy person

peach cores, vintage gum wrapper, beads, thumbtacks, and other trinkets

a rainy day-- nostalgia



Everytime I put in a new roll of film in my camera I promise to take only the best photos and everytime I end up with a bunch of mediocre photos of mundane things. That's what I love the most about film photography: It's always a nice surprise to see your memories take a new form. The subjects never look exactly as I saw them with my own eyes, but the grain and quality of the film makes up for the feeling that is lost once the moment is gone and time goes by. If that makes sense.




On another note, I went to watch a play version of A Little Princess at my local arts center and theater. I went with my little sister and two cousins and then met up with two friends there. The play was directed by a local teacher and the cast was completely local. The young actresses were all adorable and it was overall a nice experience!




Our tickets and receipt + a leaf I found in the wash this morning.

No comments: