Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happiness is a developed roll of film

In the past week I've had the pleasure of finally shooting and developing three rolls of film that I've had either lying around in my room or unfinished in my camera. I've felt so inspired to be the photographer I hoped to be when I was 14, so much that I declared myself as a Photography major to my college today. Yep, I'm going to do it!

If I had a list of "The Most Pleasurable Things In Life", somewhere at the top of that list would be: The first peek at the photos that have been so cozily sitting in a roll of film, waiting to finally be processed. There's just a peculiar sweetness in seeing photos far from the time that they were actually taken. I appreciate digital, but nothing beats the thrill and patience that comes with analog.

But before I go on a tangent about how much I love film photography, here are three slideshows of my latest memories, in order older to most recent:



Days at home, two of my favorite missionaries, a trip to San Francisco


A shot from my backyard, another trip to San Francisco (Exploratorium), a day with friends, random shots at home
 

Silly photo-shoot with my little sister- spanning 2 days, a shot from the road

No comments: