Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Juice for the Soul", or something cheesy like that

After an insanely stressful time working on my current art project and feeling that my goals were absolutely unreachable, I decided to calm myself down with two things:  Patti Smith's Just Kids  and fresh fruit+vegetable juice.

Just skimming through some pages of Just Kids really did the trick. I became inspired enough to get on my feet and do the best with what I could. It also reminded me that my dreams aren't going to come true overnight. I figuratively told myself, "Patience, dear grasshopper" and patted myself on the back.

Ultimately all the stress and feelings of afflicted ambition did wear me out and I realized that I had lost all my appetite. It's something that I've learned from the past that when I'm feeling too down in the dumps to care about solid food because 1) I know I will just end up throwing it up anyway and 2) let's face it: chewing is hard work , I decided to put my abandoned juicer to use and make myself an extra-healthy and easily-digestible treat. 

But before I bore you with so many words, I'll just show you the pictures I took during my juice making. My parents were watching and laughing at the fact that I was actually photographing the entire process, mind you. It's not a nice feeling. It actually made me feel stressed again... but I'll leave that for another post. (I did give them half of the juice that I made, just so you know that I got over being bitter at them.)


     

A pretty  mess

My favorite part about making anything with beats is the pretty pinks that are left dancing around in the sink afterward

Hi c:

















































...and with that I leave you to go write a raging journal entry about how upset it makes me when others, particularly my otherwise super-supporting parents, make fun of me while I'm in creating-mode.

In the words of Holden Caulfield: "It kills me!"

xx

No comments: